Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cast on, Cast Off, Pin in, Pin Out! Way Out

Surgery is almost over. Got the cast off today and the pin pulled out all 2 1/2 inches of it. I feel so much freer now. I've felt stuck here unable to do anything. Hands still stiff and doesn't function so well but it's better then having that cast on and not being  able to do anything with my hand.

So nice to wash the hand. Skin is coming off like a wet old news paper. Hand is smaller from apathy. Going to have to work on getting things built up again. I have a Velcro cast now and need to go back to the doctor in a month. The best feeling so far was my hand under the warm water washing it. Such a difference then no washing for the last 6 weeks. Definitely a funky smell from the hand when the cast came off.

So, going to be typing  a lot to get my hand back in shape. I think it will be a while before I'm hammering or using power tools.

No comments: