Saturday, March 12, 2011

8.9 mag quake hits Japan

145_40 2011-03-11c

I’ve been watching the live video since the quake happened and watch the tsunami hit the land. It something I’ll never forget. Houses on fire being carried off by the water. Seeing an airport covered over by water. You couldn’t see any planes. There was train tracks going off from one part going into the water. Hearing the reports is so hard to hear because you know that a lot of people have died. I watch TV late into the night switching channels to see if there was more to see. Getting on the USGS site I could see that it was in the same area I have been looking at that had several quakes before this large event.

Here’s a list of all the quakes in that area.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/10/140_40_eqs.php

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

No comments: