Thursday, March 09, 2006

COLD

Raining now but snow is on the way. The raccoon came by I was happy to see he was still alive after the hash weather. He was startled when he first saw me but a smile and a wave let him know, I wasn't going to hurt him. The little guys hair was all standing up to keep him warm. He ate about a pound of the cat food I put out for the skunks. Really feel sorry for the skunk with only one eye. He really has a hard time getting around. I guess he got into a fight that he could finish. Skunks are like that, in that they bit at each other but no one gets hurt. Poor wet critters. Last night I could hear one of them under the house snoring. It could have been him cleaning himself too. The skunks seem to take very good care of their fur. Well I better make something for dinner to warm me up. Need those calories.

No comments: