Saturday, March 11, 2006

March 11 2006 and more snow

March 11, 2006 and a nice white morning. Don’t know how long it’s been snowing but there’s three inches of snow over everything. The hens came walking up the road single file to the house from the south. The males came from the north. First squirrel here was at 6:00 AM. The turkeys got here at 7:00AM. I hear the snow level is down to 1000 feet or so but then that the weather people. The pictures I’ve been taking have been coming out rather blue. As the little birds fly through the trees they knock clumps of snow and powder from them. This is the first time I’ve seen ice sickles in many years. My forest is a white wonderland. Snow is falling again not as heavy as it did last night. Just amazing! I need to get to town for feed.  I don’t have chains and hesitant about driving. Just took the temperature, 33.1 degrees. Tree branches are bent over touching the ground. Should I stay or go now or will it clear later.

No comments: