Saturday, March 11, 2006

SNOW and a lot of it


Living in the Sierra's always has surprises with the weather. It's not bad here at the 2000 foot level but on top is another story. Weather people said on top of the hill it's getting 4 feet of snow for every storm. People back east think they know what snow is but unless you've seen 20 feet of pack you never seen nothing. Had two avalanches this week off Highway 50 on the way to Tahoe. I could use more grain for the critter, I went through 80 pound today. I'm so amazed at people who call themselves hunters, they know so little about the animals they hunt. My little fur balls have been here all night. Why can I walk up to animals and animals run away from other people. There are two visiting skunks and they don't get along with my skunks to well. Noticed one thing I never knew before about skunks, each one has a distinct odor. Well enough looking outside time to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day picking up branches that feel over night. Have to eat a lot of calories if I'm going to be outside.

No comments: