Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Wild Weather

Today's storm has to be the worst storm since I moved here. When I stuck my head out the front door the rain was so load I couldn't hear the radio I was standing next to. It was dark all morning with minor rain but about noon it really started coming down. There was so much hail so quick that the rain gutters were over flowing. As far a visibility goes I could almost see the other side of the creek from my desk. If I didn't know what was there I wouldn't know what it was. This storm was on a North Northeast trek so it came up from the South. I heard a lot of thunder and saw a lot of lightning. You know it's close when you see the flash and then you hear the boom. I didn't have my computer on at the time and could here the thunder from my computer speaker. Heard a couple calls to the fire department to put out houses that were hit by lightning. PG&E is disconnecting the power from one burning house so the fire department can put out the fire. There were several car accidents all one car. From all the report I've been hearing it looks like this storm is following Highway 49.
 
My friend Carly is having her funeral today. So sorry to see her go we were just starting our friendship and relationship when she became ill. She died last Tuesday.

No comments: