Monday, July 25, 2011

The babies are back and okay

Thought I lost my babies but here they are yesterday with mom. Had worried that mom might have left them because of the heat like mother deer ate doing in the heat wave zone. I heard a deer on the porch today. When I got up there were three coffee cans of grain gone. Don't know if momma deer was here when it was less crowded.

Today I started the lawn mower up looked over and the deer were eating the apples I brought up to the table. Some of them were too big for them to get in their mouth so I cut the big ones up into quarters. I had about a shopping bag full and they are all gone now.

Little baby skunk was screaming thinking all the older skunks were going to take her food. She was screaming so hard that the baby sprayed a bit. Lucky I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me. What did bother me was picking up grass and weeds and stuffing them into a bag. My arms became bright red like I poured boiling water on them. Just a minor reaction that I shouldn't itch.

1 comment:

babawawasrk said...

call me bob, i am a spine victim. bb steve