Thursday, February 03, 2005

What a day.

Turkeys came in for a landing this morning right next to the house. Thought he was going to run into a tree or the house. One of them ran into my telephone line and tumbled into the house then clipped the apple trees before landing in the yard. The phone line snapped back and landed on my TV antenna. Well they all landed safe today. I don't know where the rest of the herd is but the four boys hung out here all day. Haven't seen any of the girls in several weeks. I did see any of them mating yet this year so I don't believe they are off nesting.

Was took out to lunch at a real nice German restaurant up the hill. Snow! The American river was cooking. When I went to the same place a couple years ago in the summer the river was down to a trickle compared to today. It must have been something when we had the two week storm. The people east of here are such wimps, the storm dumped most of the water here before going east. They only got a couple feet of snow compared to the 20 plus feet here.

Had a doctors appointment today. No help. He thought I was depressed because I said I wasn't eating a whole lot lately. This doesn't explain the pain from my waste down. If I was a doctor I guess I could diagnose myself then I wouldn't have to waste my time seeing these great wonderments. If I knew what was wrong with me I think I'd fix it or see some one that could. Oh, that's right, that's why I went to a doctor.

Q. What do you call a med. student that was last in his class?
A. Doctor. (and Bush wants to cut out malpractice suits)

I guess I'll have to call the neurologist to find out what's up with the electric head aches. I hate these jolts of electricity running through my body every time I blink or hear a load noise.

Well, it's that time for the four poster. I'm dragging. Too much house work. That dusting will be getting to my nose in the middle of the night. I think I need to get rid of these nick-nacks. Get up tomorrow and do it all again. Maybe I can get some work done on my tool shed. I need to finish the shelf I was making. So far it's looking good and strong.

Haven't found the little squirrel with most of her side ripped off. I can only think the worst but hope for the best. She was moving too slow so the wound is really hurting her. I still see the pain in her little face. I don't know what attacks the squirrels. I see the squirrels chew on each other. I don't believe they can chew such a large bit out of each other. From what I've read about squirrels that most of them die in the first year. I have been seeing a hawk flying around. I've seen how the turkeys react to the shaddow flying over. It makes them freeze up in the shaddows. There all seem to make little cherps to each other. From being around them so much I could tell they weren't happy.

No comments: