Friday, January 13, 2006

The Goggle addon

The Goggle add-on works, and now for something serious.

Woke up late today, it was light out when I got out of bed. Didn’t see any critters as I put out the feed. Then again it was just getting light out and it was in the 30’s outside. As I was having my first cup of coffee the squirrels and turkey arrived. As the sun came over the hills and through the trees the turkey became more playful. Don’t know where they are right now but I can’t see them from where I’m sitting. They were chasing each other around almost flying. Even birds just standing around are jumping and practicing their turkey skills. I’ve been watching these guys for a few years no and couldn’t figure out what all they were doing. At first I thought they were just picking on the younger birds but it looks like it’s more like a boot camp for turkey. Soon they will master their turkey skills to become “Turkey Master.”

I was watching the deer last night. Buddy was here and did something real funny. Never thought I’d see the playfulness of these deer. Buddy walked real slowly behind a young female when he turned to me and gave me a wink. He goosed the young female with his nose and she jump. Buddy looked over at me with a smile and gave me another wink.

I noticed that one of mothers adopted a young female deer. She has her own two girls and they all seem to get along together. I watched them grooming each other the other day. Mom was concerned with a scream that came across the hills. The kids heard it too but continued eating and grooming. I could hear a dog barking in the same area. I don’t think it was coyotes they wouldn’t bark on an attack.

It’s sad to see how people take car of dogs and cats. They really don’t know the behaviors of these animals. They don’t under stand the concept of a pack animal. Just because you feed an animal doesn’t make it yours. What gets me is people who let their dogs back for hours without checking why they are backing. Some people get little dogs with don’t have the ability to stay warm in the area that they live. Some dogs are a reflection of their owners and look just like them. If the owner of a pet is fat then the dog or cat is fat. I don’t mean a little over weight but get diabetes and have a heart attack while walking.

Time to get outside and get some things done before it rains again. The local weather people say it’s going to rain for a couple days with snow up top. Right now it couldn’t be a better day. The suns out the birds are flying around. There’s a lot of bright green out.

No comments: