Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday the 14th an

Saturday the 14th and no phone again, it’s been raining. On top of all that I ran out of propane. My deer are here at least ten of them. The young girls came by earlier. It’s going to be a cold couple days inside and out. Going to have to drag out my down bag. Its rated at –10 to –15 degrees. I went outside with the deer earlier but the ran and cold wasn’t too pleasant. That’s when I found out the pilot light is out. Well, I should go check the tank maybe when the power went out a little it turned off the pilot light. At least that’s what I’m thinking and hoping. Other wise I won’t be able to get gas till Monday. Nope, there’s no gas, no nothing, totally empty. Buddy’s here, he has a piece of grass hanging off one of his antlers. As deer’s go, he’s a good guy. His one son acts just like him along with looking like him. Buddy’s so big he scares the younger deer but he’s so gentle. Wow, rains really coming down now. At least it’s only in the 40’s outside so it won’t get any colder than that in here.

Volcano in Alaska is going off. Augustine, it looks like a Chinese hat with real steep slopes. I like the way the news reports on things like this. The geologists are telling the news people it might be doing this for days. The news guy looked like it was going to be to long but he doesn’t understand that it could keep doing this for years or decade or longer

I was listening to a radio show today that was dealing with the teaching of “Intelligent Design.” Some of the people that they talked to have the brains of a handball and they are telling people they know better. The one group was saying that the only people that believe in Darwin and evolution are smart people in colleges. You know the type, scientist and such. The same ones that put people on the moon and make you microwaves and TV and those MP3 players also those thing that people drive with and talk on the cell phone. One of the ladies said, “I don’t care what they teach as long as it God made man and we didn’t come from monkeys.” Well that was an intelligent statement I bet they put a lot of thought into that. I could tell she was a white woman with little education maybe who would live in a trailer park.

I’ve seen the types before. Right after 9/11 this school put up on their reader board, “God bless American.” The courts made them take it down. She ask me why did they make them take it down. I told her that, “it’s the separation of church and state.” Then she said, “but what’s wrong with saying God bless America.” I said, “it was a public school and public school can’t endorse any religion.” She asked again, “What’s wrong with that, it only says God bless America.” She couldn’t understand the concept. Then again she was from Oklahoma so that told me a lot. What I don’t get is they don’t see themselves as the same as the extreme Muslims.  
Phone is sort of working but with errors and static. Very low connection rate.

No comments: