Friday, January 06, 2006

I know spring is here

 

I was surprised yesterday while folding up the laundry when I saw the jackrabbit out by the telescope. It was creeping up eating a little here and a little there when something spooked it. It took off running north down the old road, more a path but never used for cars.
 
Then today I've seen my first robin. I like watching them on the hunt standing tall to get a good view of things moving. Then running over and snatch up what ever it saw moving, usually bugs.
 
I found some sort of wild Lilly yesterday. It's not the regular show piece that you'd get in a flower shop. The slim white pedals and it delicate features look like it could fall apart with just a touch. I'm going to that area to take some pictures of them today. Along with that, do some tree trimming. The area has a  lot of dead under branches. Call me anal-retentive in forest care but I think that's what mans design was. To take care of the forest so that all life could live. It's okay that we learned to learn but when it gets into the area of destroying the planet for profit is more important then being able to breath, then there's something wrong.
 
 

No comments: