Friday, January 13, 2006

A walk in the forest



My Little Buddy has been here before I took my walk. He’s still here hanging out here. He’s just like his father very mellow. I walked up the creek checking out what the water did from the last few storms. It really cut into the ground and washed a lot of stick and rock down. Looks like it’s afternoon feeding time the turkeys have returned and they are a lot mellower. Guess they worked off all that energy this morning. When I got to the end of the property I made a west and went up the hill through the black berries. There’s sort of a path but it’s rather over grown. It’s a real trick to walk through the vines with those nasty thorns. After getting up about 600 feet the area started open up into a meadow. I haven’t been hiking here before since it’s rather hard to get here. When I looked down I could see thousands of little mushrooms. A whole forest on the forest floor, so small you need to get on your hands and knees.

There were other mushrooms along with lots of little plants. As I walked south I could see a lot of oak and manzaneta I almost forget the pines there since they are all over. The ponderosa’s are almost everywhere. There were some ferns, which I don’t know the type.

It always amazes me at the simple things I find every time I walk around here. I used to go to the desert a lot and found there that if you want to see anything you need to look at the ground. Then taking science classes in college I started looking for rock as I walked. These days I look for life.

Just heard something interesting on the radio. A guy was arrested for dealing medical marijuana. He faces forty years for each count. They say he made money doing the medical marijuana thing. He should have made a billion then he would only face a couple years in jail and get some sort of deal. The more you make, steel, con, from people the less time you spend in jail. If you look at Abermoff or Keating they spent a few years in jail and got to keep the money. If we apply the same standard to Abermoff then he’d be spending life in jail. Just shows that, “justice for those who can afford it.”

No comments: