Friday, January 14, 2005

29 degrees

7:30 AM and 29 degrees only the little birds out. I hear the turkeys up the hill waking up and calling out their landing instructions. The ground is frozen stiff. This means that my slippers won't get muddy until the sun hits the ground. While walking to the kitchen I saw a acorn woodpecker, I had to stop aand watch him. What vivid colors! The little squirrel didn't seem to like sharing his nuts. The male turkeys should be down here soon, maybe after another cup of coffee. When it's cold like this they come running. When the hens come running down it's like a turkey stampead. Looks like it's going to be a nice day, blue sky and maybe up to 50 degrees. Coming from Los Angeles, this is quiet the change but I'm getting used to the cooler temperatures. I find the little Oregon Junco's very amazing coming down here to winter over. They remind me of telegraphs going off. Looking out the double pane sliding glass door, I see my car, it's white and sparkly. Soon it will be back to the maroon color when the sun hits it. There's a squirrel on the railing eating sunflower seeds. If I look out the front door window, there should be more of them. Soon there will be around 10 or 12 little guys. I see one coming down the ponderosa pine from his nest. Stopping in the sun to warm up. Watching them for the last three years I'm seeing them more as families and not just one veriety of life. There's one of the youngsters running down the hill. He bounces of the trees as he runs down.

In the News;
Listening to the news, they have a story about a religios group. Hearing some of their interpatations of the Puritan Bible just gets me. Believing that what they think is Gods word to them. It's funny looking back in how many time the Christians had a beef with each other then going off and starting their own brand of church.

No comments: