Thursday, January 13, 2005

Another frozen morning

OMG my feet are frozen. The things I do for my forest friends. After putting out feed for the birds and squirrels. I notice my feet are real cold. The ground is frozen. It's got sparkles on everything. I should have had my shoes or slippers on. The squirrels are here early, it must be because it's so cold. A normal morning there would be only two little guys out there until around 10 AM. That's when all the squirrels are here.

I was doing some raking yesterday and feel it today. It was more then that, the use of the pick to move some dirt. The top soil has washed off. Not all of it but the loose stuff that is all over this place. The water has mostly drained from most of the property. The creek is still flowing. I pulled the piles of leaves out of the creek so the water could flow. Then went on a planting spree, scattering alfalfa seeds everywhere. Hope it will all grow so the deer and turkeys will have a little more to eat.

The male turkeys were here this morning. One of the males was being the bully. One of the young males was calling for the hens so the big bird was looking like a mating male pushing the other males away from the seeds. Since he knew that the hens would come to that spot.

Some of the squirrels get rather chewed up. Not sure is it's each other doing that or some sort of predator. There's a young squirrel on the porch with his side ripped off and exposed. When they get this way they tend to die off. Some of them can heal but the weather and infection takes it's toll.

Haven't seen any deer here, just a couple young ones came by last night at sunset. They do tend to sneak in when no ones looking. I've changed my views on all the wild life. The deer are so gentle. I do see them expressing emotions and they are just like humans.

BUSH: More lies from Bush and the same way he went to war he's trying to tell the people of the United States the Social Security to privatized the accounts. What happened to the 74 trillion in the trust fund? Oh, I get it, he would have to raise taxes to pay the money back to social security that they borrowed to do all these special projects like going to the moon, Vietnam, and the cold war. Nothing like defaulting on a dept. It's always been that way here and around the world. Look at all the treaties that were made with the native Americans. Bush promised Africa 15 billion for help with AIDS but only a couple million has been spent. Same thing with his no child left behind which was under funded.

Bush has gotten a big head and he thinks people like him. Lets go to the moon and while were at it lets go to mars too. How are you going to pay for it George? Let your buddies ruin the earth by polluting everything and make the air as thick as my coffee. The insurance companies, energy companies and stock market are the people that are going to make out. If you want to make some fast bucks, invest in war products because we are going to be in Iraq for a long time.

The Bush administration has used the media like no other president. The media have been played like a old deck of cards. What got me was the repeating of the sound bites. They didn't mean anything but it was on all the media being played over and over.

Well, it looks like I need to run to town and get another 100 pounds of grain for the birds. It seems I spend more on grain then I do on food.

No comments: