Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Boy's came by plus a bunch more

The rain finally came to a slow stop this morning. I feed the squirrels and turkeys. The male birds didn't stop by but the hens did. Nothing like 40 or so birds wanting to eat just waiting for me to come out. Their little cry let me know they were here. Well the bird flying onto the railing really gave it away. She kept looking at me until I got off the computer and walked towards the door. She knew it was "SEED TIME."

About 1PM "The Boy's" stopped by my big four footed buddies. Buddy's oldest son was looking rather beat-up. He's not limping as bad as when I saw him last. His eyes and face looked swollen. He's been doing the hormone cha-cha with the girls. It really drives them insane. One of "Fella's" older boys and the next oldest were here too. Fella is feeling rather down since some deer or deers beat him up real good. I think he's feeling like an out cast. The rest of the kids are doing so well and seemed happy to see me today. Big Buddy had a big smile as I walked out the door. Little Buddy the baby of the bunch ducted behind a bush with no leaves on it, like I couldn't see him. He's always been that way and never comes out unless dads around.

The turkey had a good nap today. I don't think they were getting any good sleep with all this rain and wind. Not sure where they have been going to sleep but it's about two hours from here. If they were sleeping here they would have been here at sunrise. One day before the rain they were in the trees behind the house. When they flew down in the low light of the morning one bird hit my telephone wire. Then smacked into the roof. She recovered but ran into the tops of the peach trees.

To night Momma deer and her two girls stopped by. I went out and sat with them until I became to cold. Why a great day of critters. I forgot to say to much about the squirrels but there's always tomorrow.

No comments: