Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Stinker is here

Mrs. Stinker my favorite skunk is here. Haven't seen here in months. I guess the rain and cold made her hungry. During the summer I came face to face with her. She was walking around the porch and I was laying in the doorway. She came right up to my face and went on looking for sunflower seeds. People are scared of skunks but they are just trying to survive. If they see you they will run off. I saw a young deer wanting to find out what that little ball of fur was. The deer tried to sniff her but the skunk saw it as an attach. She jumped as to put on a show of force. She didn't do anything more. You have to do something really harmful to the skunk before they will spray you. Something like trying to eat her or like the cats that wonder down here, mate with them. They get rather indignant about that. The skunk reminds me of a miniature bear. A real good digger, a great nose for food and a real nice fur coat.

No comments: