Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Evening time to fade away

Nice sight, four quail feeding until dark. I was rather supprised to see them out so late. That must mean they live or are staying real close tonight. I didn't hear them fly away so I guess they walked home.

Rather productive day, even if I was limping around. I know I did well today, my body hurts, just a little more then normal. Still need to clip that screw off one of the squirrels houses. At least I got the ladders there to use tomorrow. Antenna is finally finished and working good. Still might try putting an amp right at the antenna but might have to pad it at the house. For living in the forest with the trees blocking the signal, its working rather well. I can get the San Francisco stations now, no great but I can get them.

Squirrels went crazy today. They got under the house and were fighting down there. At first I thought it was the Bobcat chewing one of the little guys. It turned out a young male wanted to mate and wasn't taking no for an answer. I think there was two males fight for this one female but not sure. I did see this one squirrel running down the road to it's nest but not before I noticed that it's eyes looked chewed out. It might look worse then it really is because there was a lot of dirt on it's face. I know the oak tree that the little guy lives in so I'll check on him tomorrow. Since my first year here when I noticed the minor patterns that they have in their faces, now I can tell which family groups they are from a far.

Had a visit from my Big Buddy around noon today. I was wondering what he's been up to. I see his antler are coming in and the skin is bleeding on the right side. That causes flies to get on their face and go for the blood. If only I could wash them down the flies wouldn't bother them. Later in the summer when their coats are thin, the flies take bites out of them. If you ever just see a deer standing there and all the sudden take off running it's either a fly, bee or wasp landing on them. Two years ago, Mr. Fuzzy antlers had a wasp sitting on his nose. The deer didn't move a muscle until the wasp flew off. Then again, while foraging with Mr Fuzzy Antlers he just bolted and ran down to the creek jumping and bucking all the way. So I can only guess it was a big bug on him.

Speaking of big bugs, I was one land on the screen while typing away one night. It was at least 3 inches long. The antenna were a couple inches too. I should have took a picture and tried to capture it but instead I flicked it with my finger. Took a couple of flicks to knock it off the screen.

Well, better see how the sauce is doing. Doing "SPAG" tonight. To lazy after today. Foots throbbing, back is stiff and I'm starting to slouch, neck is going out too. Guess it's going to be a night with PBS and the Nova programs.

Will my copy of "Apple Quicktime" ever stop asking me if I want to update?

No comments: